Jordan – Water Resource Development and Management in the Jordan River Rift
|Region:||Asia - West Asia (Middle East)|
|Location within Country:||West Bank of the Jordan River Rift Valley|
|Client:||PKII was a sub-consultant of Nippon Koei Co., Ltd. for Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)|
|Funding Agency:||Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)|
|Date:||March 2007 - February 2009|
|Category:||Water Resources and Water Supply|
|Service:||Master Planning, Feasibility Study|
Narrative Description of Project:
The Overall goal of the Study is to enhance agricultural production making efficient use of limited available water resources for agriculture in the Jordan River Rift Valley under the concept of “The Corridor for Peace and Prosperity”.
The objectives of the Study are:
- To formulate a basic plan for efficient utilization of water for agriculture in the Jordan River Rift Valley;
- To formulate a basic plan for water resources development in the Jordan River Rift Valley; and
- To carry out technology transfer to Palestinian counterpart personnel through on-the-job training in the course of the Study.
Description of Actual Services Provided in the Assignment:
- Implementation of the JICA Guideline for environmental and social consideration;
- Collection and analysis of data, information, law and regulation about Palestine environment;
- Execution of the Initial Environmental Examination and Environmental Impact Assessment.