Papua New Guinea – The Integrated Community Development Project
|Country:||Papua New Guinea|
|Location within Country:||Port Moresby, East Sepik|
|Client:||Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)|
|Funding Source:||Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)|
|Date:||March 2009 - March 2012|
|Categories:||Urban and Spatial Development|
|Service:||Detailed Engineering Design|
Narrative Description of Project:
The Project aims to support the capacity development of the Department for Community Development (DFCD) and other related stakeholders in implementing the integrated community development policy through developing Community Learning and Development Center Focal Point models. The project places emphasis on improving the management system for the implementation of the Integrated Community Policy by strengthening linkage between DFCD and the National Capital District Commission (NCDC) / selected Province as well as district administration in NCDC / selected Province.
Description of Actual Services Provided in the Assignment:
- Review of the Women Bank Micro-Finance Program by DFCD, current micro-finance system and related institutions in Papua New Guinea, women’s bank programs in Sri Lanka, and micro-finance and cooperative society systems in the Philippines;
- Identification of the factors of success in Sri Lanka and the Philippines through the above review as well as the conditions required to lead the Women Bank;
- Support the DFCD in realigning and modifying the existing activities, formulation of workable action plan for the Women Bank Micro-Finance Program based on the result of the above reviews;
- Support the DFCD in undertaking activities for the Women Bank Micro-Finance Program; and
- Support the DFCD, NCDC, and the East Sepik Provincial Administration (ESPA) in promoting livelihood improvement activities.