PRC/JRCS Reconstruction and Repair of Damaged School Facilities in Leyte
|Client:||Philippine National Red Cross|
|Date:||September 2014 - March 2016|
Narrative Description of Project:
The project involves detailed design, assistance in tendering, and assistance during construction of the reconstruction and repair of selected damaged school buildings located in Tacloban City and in the municipalities of Alangalang, Pastrana and Tanauan, in the Province of Leyte. These school buildings were all hit by the Typhoon “Haiyan”, known in the Philippines as Typhoon “Yolanda”, one of the strongest tropical cyclones ever recorded, devastated the Philippines particularly in the Eastern Visayas on November 2013.
The second phase of the project covers the School Rehabilitation Program in Leyte, which also involves detailed design, assistance in tendering, and assistance during construction of the thirty (30) classrooms to be repaired and twelve (12) classrooms to be reconstructed located in the municipalities of Alangalang and Tolosa.
Description of Actual Services Provided by Your Staff:
The Consultant’s scope of work includes:
- Project Preparation and Detailed Design
- Assistance in preparing Project Proposal for submission and approval of Philippine Red Cross
- Coordination with local government unit in site-related concerns (land acquisition and other permits)
- Preparation of MoU between PRC and local authorities.
- Conduct site inspection.
- Preparation of design drawings, design reports, technical specifications and tender documents.
- Assistance in Tendering
- Assistance in prequalification of contractors.
- Assistance in tendering and bid evaluation.
- Assistance in contract negotiation and finalization of construction contract.
- Assistance During Construction
- Monthly visits to site
- Preparation of progress report
- Preparation of final completion report