Timor-Leste – Detailed Engineering Design of the New Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Environment Office Building
|Region:||Asia - Southeast Asia|
|Location within Country:||Dili|
|Date:||May 2014 - October 2014|
|Client:||Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Environment, Government of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste|
|Funding Source:||Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Environment, Government of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste|
|Category:||Building and Housing|
|Services:||Detailed Engineering Design|
|Narrative Description of Project:
The Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Environment, in carrying out its daily activities and responsibilities, needs adequate facilities that will meet the standard requirements of the organization and its workforce. The Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Environment of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste has proposed the design, construction and supervision of the New Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Environment Office Building with funding from the Infrastructure Fund as from 2013.
Description of Actual Services Provided in the Assignment:
1. Investigation of the topographical surveys and geotechnical studies. Validation of the information and collect additional field data as may be required for finalizing the design.
2. Formulation of the design concept of the New Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Environment Office Building including room program details and environmental program. Specifically, for the multi-story-building, the concept of horizontal and vertical transport facilities should be included.
3. Undertaking of an Initial Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) that will address the following issues: (i) delineate the environmental impacts of building construction activities associated with the project; (ii) describe and assess the impacts; (iii) describe feasible mitigation measures for minimizing, eliminating, offsetting unavoidable adverse impacts; and (iv) to recommend the most appropriate mitigation and/or enhancement measures.
4. Preparation of preliminary design which covers the technical reports containing the description of the choice of building concept, sub-system of structure, and sub-system of mechanical/electrical to be used; drawings illustrating the location map, site plan, layout, elevations and cross sections; and engineering cost estimates based on rough calculation.
5. Preparation of the detailed engineering design that covers the detailed engineering design of architecture, structure, utilities and mechanical/electrical to conform to the design drawings approved, technical specifications, bill of quantities, cost estimates including unit price analysis, construction schedule and “S” curve, design report covering all engineering disciplines.
6. In the procurement of construction services stage, the Design Consultant shall provide support services to the National Procurement Commission (NPC) in the activities of the pre-bid meeting.