Detailed Narrative Description of Project:
Due to continuous wars and economic sanctions, sewage system of Baghdad, comprising sewers, pumping stations and sewerage treatment plants, has been severely affected and these facilities are not able to take care of generated wastewater. Especially in Karkh Sewer District, about 556,000 m3/day of the wastewater is generated, of which only about 205,000 m3/day is being treated by the existing Karkh Sewage Treatment Plant (STP). The captioned project intends to expand the capacity of Karkh sewage treatment plant and to rehabilitate and replace 9 pumping stations in Baghdad. The project also includes the preparation of detailed architectural and engineering design for different buildings such as Administration Building, Warehouse, Powerhouse, Disinfection Facility, and Wastewater Recycle Facility.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided:1. Review of Existing Study and Report.
2. Site Survey Works (collection of details of existing sewerage facilities, topographic survey, geo-technical survey, water quality survey, etc.).
3. Design Basis (Karkh STP Expansion: Deciding the service area, site for STP Expansion, treatment process, sludge disposal and recycling policy, and Designing sewage flow, storm flow, sludge volume with unit sewage generation and peak factor. Rehabilitation of P/Ss: Deciding catchment area of each P/S, water flow and water head with peak factor of each P/S, general facility arrangement).
4. Detailed Design (process flow diagram, piping and instrumentation diagram, etc.).
5. Preparation of Construction Plan and Implementation Program.
6. Preparation of technical specifications and bill of quantities for civil and building facilities such as general civil works, architectural works, structural works, mechanical works, electrical, water supply and sanitary works, and external works.
7. Preparation of Civil 3D.