Narrative Description of Project:The Universidade Nacional Timor Lorosa’e of Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, in carrying out its daily activities and responsibilities, needs adequate facilities that will meet the standard requirements of the organization and its workforce. They have proposed the design, construction, and supervision of a New Faculty of Engineering Building with funding from the Infrastructure Fund as from 2013. The location of the Project is in Hera, Dili. The total land area available in Sector 1 for the project is 471.690 qm with the building coverage of 17% (8,100 sqm). The land is possessed by the Government of Timor-Leste.
Description of Actual Services Provided in the Assignment:1. Investigation of the topographical surveys and geotechnical studies, specifically those contained in the Master plan. The consultant is responsible for validating the information and collect additional field data as may be required for finalizing the design.
2. Formulation of the design concept of the New Faculty of Engineering Building including the building and environmental program, and provide details of room program of each building based on the Hera University Master Plan.
3. Undertaking of an Initial Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) that will address the following issues: (i) delineate the environmental impacts of building construction activities associated with the project; (ii) describe and assess the impacts; (iii) describe feasible mitigation measures for minimizing, eliminating, offsetting unavoidable adverse impacts; and (iv) to recommend the most appropriate mitigation and/or enhancement measures.
4. Preparation of plan development drawings describing the site plan, floor plan, layout, elevations, cross sections, and main detailed drawings, explaining the room program utilization for the whole building area comprehensively.
5. Preparation of the design of utilities and the description of the concept and its calculation that covers air management system, lighting, electrical including generator, plumbing, water supply and sanitation, drainage, fire protection and work safety.
6. Preparation of the detailed engineering design that covers the detailed engineering design of architecture, structure, utilities and mechanical/electrical to conform to the design drawings approved, technical specifications, bill of quantities, cost estimates including unit price analysis, construction schedule and “S” curve, design report covering all engineering disciplines.
7. In the procurement of construction services stage, the Design Consultant shall provide support services to the National Procurement Commission (NPC) in the activities of the pre-bid meeting.