Narrative Description of Project:The objective of the Project is to address the environmental and sanitary condition of Mamminasata Metropolitan Area through the improved solid waste management system, thus contributing to the improvement of living and natural environment in the area. The Project includes: (i) construction of a regional sanitary landfill and recycling plants in Patalassang, Gowa District (RISWMC: Regional Integrated Solid Waste Management Center), and (ii) Strengthening the operation and management system by establishing a Regulatory Body (BKSPMM) and the Executing Body for RISWMC.
Description of Actual Services Provided in the Assignment:
1. Overall monitoring and progress of works with respect to cost, time and quality;
2. Review, updating and finalization of detailed engineering design of the sanitary landfill, sorting and composting plant, heavy equipment, and supporting facilities such as access road and the transfer station and secondary transportation vehicles;
3. Preparation of technical specifications of facilities as well as bill of quantities and cost estimates;
4. Preparation of business development plan regarding the regional solid waste management facilities;
5. Preparation of bidding documents and assistance in bidding procedures;
6. Coordination of various meetings with Client and contractors;
7. Assistance in bid review, bid evaluation, and awarding of contract.