Detailed Narrative Description of Project:
Bicol Region, may be described as one with good tourism potentials endowed with diverse and rich natural resources. The region can be positioned as a tourism destination through the development of its potential tourism assets, particularly based on the environment, history and culture, the rehabilitation and restoration of existing tourism attractions, improvement of access infrastructure and inter-linkages with other sectors, upgrading of tourism infrastructure and the provision of basic facilities and services required to ease travel movements.
The basic objectives of the Study include the following:
a. To develop a Tourism Master Plan for the Bicol Region that will provide the framework and direction for the government and the private sector in developing the tourism industry in the region anchoring on the tourism attractions that will be developed, improved and promoted as a package of attractions along strategic locations; and
b. To harness the environment and historical/cultural assets of the region as a tourism resource and promote its conservation, preservation and protection/maintenance.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided:
The Consultant’s scope of work included the following:
1. Analysis of present situation and identification of potential prime tourist areas for development;
2. Conduct of physical resource, environment and market inventory and analysis;
3. Conduct of visioning and consultative workshops with concerned constituents;
4. Preparation of land use plans and conceptual layouts of identified tourism sites;
5. Preparation of project profiles of identified programs and projects;
6. Formulation of a regional investment marketing / promotion programs; and
7. Preparation of an overall implementation plan and schedule, including prioritization of identified projects.